Pink Alpaca

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

here comes the busy season

And so it begins. Seems like life gets zany right around the time of my birthday. Something to do nearly every weekend. Lots of projects at work. Summer youth group schedule is being ironed out.

We've got a trip to Chicago coming up. Going there for a wedding and then we're going to see some much-missed friends. Then we'll be prepping for our 11-day trip to Seattle this summer. Summer. It's just around the corner, and it seems like Christmas was yesterday.

Summer is a strange time for knitting. It's a time when a lot of people put away their yarn and don't even think of knitting until they smell that first hint of autumn in the air. Others trade wool for cotton and work on tank tops. Me... well, I guess I use the time to work on accessories for me and my house. I play with purse patterns. They're small and knitting them won't give me heatstroke on those icky Texas summer days.

I'm thinking of trying needle felting. I also want to attempt my first adult-sized sweater, so if I start on it in June maybe it'll be finished by the first cold snap. (No danger of that... last year it didn't get cold here till January-ish.) And a couple of my friends are having babies, so I'd better get started on their gifts.

Oh, I almost forgot. My niece finally fits into the cardigan that I knit her, and she wore it last week. I still can't believe that I knit it. If you haven't seen it, it's in the archives somewhere, called "Sophie's Cardi" or something like that. She looked really cute in it and I forgot to take a picture. I had to wash it for her so, when I take it back, I'll be sure to take a couple. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home